Who we are
We are Steam Data Suite. We are a company incorporated and registered in The Netherlands. Our company number is KvK 78277892. Our registered office address is Reigerstraat 75 2025XB Haarlem, The Netherlands. When we refer to “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy, we are referring to the company Steam Data Suite.
|Referred to as
|Subject of the Service, generally gamers.
|Visitor on steamdatasuite.com (“Site”)
|Client of the Steam Data Suite platform, either through a demo, free or paid account and related games analytics services (“Service”).
We are a Processor of your personal data, on behalf of our Client, who determines that, how and why your data is or will be processed.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Client’s product and marketing campaigns, we may automatically collect information about that activity. See “What information do we collect?” for more details about the kind of information.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including Steam API’s, the Steam Community pages and Google Analytics from the Steam store page.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
|Information your make publicly available on your Steam profile like gamertag and country.
|Information that defines your relationship with our Client, like that game you bought, and when you bought it.
|Information about how you interact with the Client’s game and marketing activities.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. Where appropriate, we also identify what our legitimate interests are.
|Type of data
|Giving clients insights in summarised, or specific player data.
|Consent; You choose to publicly publish the information.
Necessary for our Client’s legitimate interests; To manage and improve commercial operations.
|Giving Clients insights in their sales performance.
|Necessary for our Client’s legitimate interests; To manage and improve commercial operations.
|Giving clients insights in the results of their marketing efforts.
|Necessary for our Client’s legitimate interests; to evaluate results of, and pay for, marketing activities.
Disclosure of your information
We may have to share your personal information with the following third parties:
|Google Cloud Platform
|External third-party service provider acting as processors who provide web hosting.
|Covered by a processor agreement
|The Client of Steam Data Suite that you have a relationship with.
Furthermore incidentally in these circumstances:
- Professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other authorities acting as processors, controllers or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.